Friday, October 20, 2006

Crazy About E-books

One of the best things that ever happened to me was discovering electronic books. Yeah, well, it was a simple ol' pdf document. And it was ages ago... but the idea of being able to carry puh-lenty of books in my palm was mindblowing.

Now I've stuffed my PDA with almost 50 books and they save my life everytime I have to wait for something or someone. I get really edgy and fidgety if I have nothing to do, so having a book to read is restful on the nerves. Anyway when I get irritated, I get mouthy. And my mouth tends to move a few steps ahead of my brain. So the e-books save a lot of people a lot of grief. IF they grieve over my words lah..

Anyway, I've adjusted pretty well to the electronic books, considering how I can drool over crisp new printed pages. Aaah, nothing like a whiff of a freshly opened book. But I'm willing to trade in the whiffs for the easy access to lotsa books. Best of all, I can download a book within minutes of purchase online. No more waiting waiting waiting for the postman. And the bookstores in KK really REALLY suck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiya.. mcm ilang onli my ealier comments.. The e-book sounds v interesting.. What book do u dl? wanna check it out too!

roslyn said...

Ha ha, I download books from www.ereader.com most of the time. I really go for paranormal fantasy romances... personally, I think it's to balance all the heavy academic stuff I have to read for research and work. Check out Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kresley Cole and Robin D. Owens. I also like period romances by Lisa Kleypas and Kinley MacGregor. They all feature feisty spirited women!