Skip to main content

What Can I Say?

I can't say much. So I'll just share lyrics from a song.

'Life Will Pass'

Moments full of happiness
Of sweet youth days,

Nothing to do,
you cannot bring them back,
Fate is not to be controlled, it is not.
Those days will be a thing of the past,
Where dreams and fantasies are intertwined,
Everything will remain an echo,
When the time comes to think.

The life passes, passes,
Fleeting like a river,
May your star never go out,
Until the cherished dream is achieved.

The life passes, passes,
Everything in this life is in vain,
May your star never go out,
Until the cherished dream is achieved.

When the fog will cover the soul,
When happiness will leave you,
When you're alone in the world,
Will there be someone who will understand you?
And your blooming youth, It will turn into a mirage someday.
No matter how you deceive yourself,
but in the end Your fate is in the hands of the Almighty.

The life passes, passes,
Fleeting like a river,
May your star never go out,
Until the cherished dream is achieved.

These words are translated from a song 'Omir Oter'
by Dimash Qudaibergen
https://youtu.be/8VrEFpu4S8A 
It is about the transience of life, its meaning
and how to walk your path with dignity and leave a trace.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Royal Commonwealth Essay Competition 2009

Another great opportunity for our young people to show what they can do! The Royal Commonwealth Essay Competition has four different age bands, 'Classes'. Each Class offers five topics, plus the Commonwealth Question and the Charlton Athletic Community Trust Question. As we hope to reach a diverse student body across the Commonwealth, there are options for both academic and creative minds.  The Competition deadline is 1st March 2009   CLASS A - Born 1990-1992  1400-1750 words  All questions can be answered by writing an essay or a story which explores the topic in an interesting and relevant way.   Can I help you?  Bullying is an issue which concerns young people throughout the Commonwealth. Why does it matter and what can be done about it?   It is 200 years since Charles Darwin was born and 150 years since the publication of "On the origin of Species". In your view, what evolutionary developments are neede...

Friends That Last The Mile

I have friends who have been with me from schooldays or campus days.... we've been through happy times, stressful moments... even anger and long silences. But when I think of them, I feel a warmth deep inside my heart for they have lasted the mile.  After all these years, they still want to be my friends :)  I told a friend once that when you put your trust in a friend, you are giving that person a knife, which he can choose to put away and never use.  Or stab you in the back.  But I didn't tell that friend that it is possible to survive stabs in the back and still remain friends with the other.  It takes time for the wound to stop bleeding and the heart to forgive, but it is possible. --------------------- There's X, who shared many adventures with me, even though there were points of friction between the two of us.  But I would like to think that deep inside, both of us see beyond those points of conflict.  I appreciate her for being willing to share many enterprises ...

How Challenging Teaching In Sabah Can Be

As a teacher, I have had many memorable experiences but one of the most fascinating has got to be observing my colleagues from other states as they deal with their first days in Sabah. Born and bred in Sabah, I never really had much reason or opportunity to question what sort of image Sabah presented to the outside world (which includes other states in Malaysia) until I went to university in Kuala Lumpur.  And, of course, when I began working as a teacher. My first inkling of how 'scary' Sabah can be to outsiders came during my third year in university.  I had coursemates who quickly got married ... it was the first time I had ever heard of 'nikah gantung'.  Apparently, they could get married but it was a sort of 'marriage on hold' (if such a thing exists..).  What mattered was that they could get a marriage certificate that would help 'save' them from the jungles of Sabah and Sarawak.  Then, during the briefing I attended to receive my first posti...